Hector's Smoke House Championship BBQ TeamHome of BBQ recipes, food blogs, reviews and photos
BBQ Temperature Probes
Cooking Probes (Wireless Thermometers) measure both the temperature of the pit and also measure the temperature of the protein. These are one of the most important gadgets to have, to ensure great Q every time. Some of these are not readily available in Australia and are difficult to import, however Maverick products are available from BBQ’s Plus. BBQ Temperature probes can be pretty expensive but are essential for ‘low and slow’ especially when learning.
The Wireless BBQ Temperature Probes below all work in different ways, some use Bluetooth, some use wireless to communicate between the transmitter and receiver, some use your home network and can be viewed whilst at the shops. You need one to suit your application ie how far away will the transmitter be from the receiver? I have used and own ALL of these, my normal weapons of choice are the DigiQ for the pit and the iGrill2 for the food temps. I have 3 iGrill2’s and cannot recommend them enough.
Tappecue is the future of thermometers used by the meat smoking hobbyists and the slow-cookin’ mama. Unlike bluetooth and radio frequency thermometer devices that limit the distance you can roam and have weak connections, Tappecue offers no limitation and a reliable, sturdy connection through Wi-Fi enabled probes and a state-of-the-art mobile application. Without worry, keep an eye on your meat from your job, while you’re picking up last minute grocery supplies, or even while playing a game of golf. Tappecue will alert you when your food is done or when your smoking chamber has gone in or out of range on Android and iOS Smartphones, giving you the luxury of perfectly cooked food and greatly satisfied party guest. With Tappecue – You’ll always be one tap away from your barbecue!
The Maverick ET-733
The ET733 can be bought through BBQs Plus by clicking the link or the image
· Monitor internal temperature of meat from 300 feet away!!
· Wireless receiver with LCD beeps and flashes when meat temperature goes above your programmed temperature.
· Monitor barbecue temperature. Receiver beeps and flashes if temperature falls above or below your programmed range.
· Count up and Count down timer.
· LCD of receiver has back light for use at night
· Receiver displays barbecue temperature up to 572 F
· Receiver has belt clip and built in stand.
· Transmitter has removable wire stand that also becomes a hanger.
· Food probe wire can be inserted 6″ into meat.
· Both probe wires are heat resistant to 716 F
· Can be used in oven or smoker too!
· Lost like alert warns you if your transmitter is out of range or has lost the radio frequency signal.
· Your meat, barbecue, and timer settings are stored even if the unit is turned off.
Mavericks are available from BBQ’s Plus.
BBQ Guru offer 3 fan controllers. The CyberQ is the top of the range and has 3 food probes and 1 pit probe, it also connects wirelessly. The DigiQ offer 1 pit and 1 food port and is not wireless. The Party Q is battery operated and has 1 pit probe. I started with the CyberQ but now use the DigiQ with the iGrill2 for food temps.
CyberQ Wifi is our most advanced control to date. It has a built in Wifi web server to allow remote access from your mobile device or PC. This control has one pit probe and 3 food probes
that come standard with the control. Probes, fans and adaptors are compatible with our other controls.
Real time blower status indication and output % helps you to measure fuel use
Display in degrees F or C
User adjustable # of beeps setting
32 to 475 deg F range with +/- 2 deg F accuracy
Runs on 100-240VAC (for worldwide use) or 12VDC for automotive supply use
Built in Wifi Web Server allows remote access from your mobile device or PC
2.4 GHz, IEEE Std. 802.11b, Wi-Fi certified (WFA ID: WFA7150)
16 Character by two line backlit LCD display
Email Alert Capability
Rugged, armored high-temperature pit and food (meat) probes
Controls your pit and monitors up to 3 food (meat) temperatures
All new full full-time adaptive control algorithm learns your pit to control better stability/accuracy
Open lid detect senses when the pit’s lid is open to minimize the temperature disturbance and recover quickly to the setpoint, can be turned on /off (default is ON)
Exclusive low and slow ramp down feature (cook and hold) ramps your pit down on rising food (meat) temperatures, so your food (meat) temperatures, so your food (meat) never overcooks
Scrolling display shows all of your temps, time, and status
Audible alarm sounds on food (meat) done (default is ON)
Adjustable deviation alarm sounds when your pits temp goes either too high or low
This is a great product to add to a Kamado. Works great on the Primo Kamado, Komodo Kamado and the Big Green Egg. Highly recommended but difficult to get in Oz.
- Length: 3.75 in (95.2 mm)
- Width: 3.25 in (82.5 mm)
- Height: 2.5 in (63.5 mm)
- Weight of device: 6.1 oz (172 grams)
- Weight of probe and wrap: 1.2 oz (35 grams)
- 48” Probe cord
- 2 AA Batteries (Included)
- Bluetooth® Smart (4.0)
- 150′ Bluetooth® Range (45 meters)
- Compatible with iPad Mini™, iPad® 3 and newer, iPhone® 4s and newer, iPod touch® 5th gen and newer
- Connect multiple Weber® iGrill® devices to one smart device
- Requires iOS 7 or newer
- Compatible with many Android™ phones equipped with Bluetooth® 4.0 and running 4.3 or later.
- App Features
- Preset and Custom Temp. Alarms
- Min/Max Temp. Alarms
- Simultaneously Monitor up to 4 Probes
- Customizable Probe Views
- Partner Recipes
- Graphing and Exporting
- Social Sharing